Restraining Orders: What Can They Do?
Free consultation
Restraining Orders: What Can They Do?

Restraining Orders: What Can They Do?

A restraining order is a court order. It can order the restrained person to:

Not contact or go near you, your children, other relatives, or others who live with you;
Stay away from your home, work, or your children’s schools;
Move out of your house (even if you live together);
Not have a gun;
Follow child custody and visitation orders;
Pay child support;
Pay spousal or partner support (if you are married or domestic partners);
Stay away from any of your pets;
Pay certain bills; and
Release or return certain property.

Once the court issues (makes) a restraining order, the order is entered into a statewide computer system (called CLETS) that all law enforcement officers have access to. And your restraining order works anywhere in the United States. If you move out of California, contact your new local police so they will know about your orders.

If you move to California with a restraining order from another state, or if you have a restraining order issued by a tribal court (in California or elsewhere in the U.S.), your restraining order will be valid anywhere in California and the police will enforce it. If you want your restraining order to be entered into California’s statewide domestic violence computer system, you can register your order with the court. A valid order is enforceable even if you do not register it.

If you have a question regarding Family Law in Los Angeles County please contact us at (818) 926-4420 or visit the Family Law section on our website at Law Offices of Anat Resnik. Call today and we will connect you with Anat Resnik, an experienced, aggressive, affordable Divorce and Family Law Attorney in Los Angeles County. After you have spoken with our Los Angeles County Family Law attorney, we can schedule you a free face to face appointment to discuss your circumstances. If you have questions or are considering any aspect of filing for Divorce, a Paternity issues, Child Custody and Visitation, Spousal Support & Alimony, etc. we can help! Call us now at(818) 926-4420. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with any and all family law needs.

Comments are closed.